Boudhanath Prayer Flags - On Halloween Night...

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Counting Sheep

From Eliza's Journal - September 6th, 2010
Jet Lag is really weird and annoying. I am in our house in Bangalore right now, and it's about 2:30 am and I'm WIDE awake! It was like that yesterday too. We went to our friends Vimala and Sindhu's house. It was really fun to see them, but about lunch time I got REALLY super tired. I fell asleep in Sindhu's lap. I finally woke up when it was time to go home, and then we all fell asleep at about 3:00 in the afternoon. We woke up to have yummy dinner that Rama and Balaji brought over for us, but then went right back to sleep. I've been awake for 2 hours now, laying in bed hoping it will be morning soon.
I was trying to think of ways to sleep, so I thought of things that make me happy like friends, El Portal, Shadowfax, but it didn't work. Then I had an idea I had heard about people doing in books and movies; counting sheep. In my head I was imagining sheep on one building, and as I counted they jumped one by one to the next building til that one was piled with sheep. Then I got bored of the building idea, and decided to count sheep as they jumped over the rainbow. I kept counting them till there were about 320 sheep piled up on the other side of the rainbow. The I heard a siren outside on the street, and it completely woke me up and ruined my progress! I couldn't stand it any more, so I went downstairs to write.... I can't wait to get used to this time zone!

No comments:

Post a Comment